To say the Nintendo Switch did well in 2017 may be the understatement of the year so far. Early this morning Nintendo held their quarterly financial briefing with investors and like every prior meeting, we got a huge sales update for Switch and it’s associated games. In the video above I painstakingly go through all the data, but for those who don’t have time for the video, I’ll include a gallery of images showing sales updates for Switch and Switch titles below.
Some fun facts:
- Mario Odyssey sold over 9 million units last year, which makes it a better selling title than any Wii U game.
- Breath of the Wild is now the 2nd best selling Zelda game in history, moving 7.78 million units if you combine Wii U and Switch sales. It trails only Twilight Princess.
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is only 1 million behind the sales of Mario Kart 8 on Wii U.
- ARMS sold 1.6 million units. Tekken 7, a more established fighting game, has sold 2.3 million units. Yes, ARMS sold pretty well for the genre it’s in as a new IP.
- Splatoon 2 and Splatoon have identical sales figures right now. Splatoon 2 has only been on the market for 6 months, versus the many years Splatoon has been.
- Xenoblade Chronicles 2 broke 1 million in sales, making it the best selling Xenoblade Chronicles game to date.