Well, it wouldn’t be a new year if we weren’t getting some final fragments of Nintendo Switch rumors as we patiently wait for January 12th. Supposedly Resident Evil 7 is going to be coming to Nintendo Switch and right now Capcom is working on getting the game to support VR on the system.
This is according to YouTuber OBE1plays. Now, before you quickly dismiss his video on the matter because of how he chooses to present himself, know he has had legit conversations with well known Nintendo Switch leakers such as Laura Kate Dale. Does that mean you should outright believe him? Well, of course not. This is however his own unique rumor, and for his sake I hope he’s correct so we can trust him moving forward. That being said, here is what he had to say:
- Resident Evil 7 may be coming to Switch
- Capcom is working on VR support
- Capcom struggling with the system’s ability to render VR imagery
- motion controls have been difficult for the team to implement
- low-pixel count is hurting the game’s overall experience
- VR experience on Playstation 4 is only exclusive for a year
Given that the game launches in January for the other platforms, I would expect the normal console version to be ready at launch if this rumor is true, with a possible VR experience sometime in 2018 (again, if the Switch supports VR). Do you want to play Resident Evil 7 on the Switch?