Metroid is a long-spanning, beloved Nintendo series that has been awaiting a new release into its series. The Metroid fanbase finally received word of a remake of Metroid II being made for the 3DS. Metroid: Samus Returns was mentioned yesterday during E3’s Nintendo Spotlight, and we finally have a breakdown of what features are in the game:
- Releases Sept. 15, 2017
- Suggested retail $39.99 USD
- Remade 3D graphics while retaining side-scrolling aspects
- New abilities such as Aeoin and a 360 degree Free Aiming Mode
- Secrets that may reveal Planet SR388’s past
- Two new amiibo–Samus Aran and Metroid–to be released as a set along with Samus Returns Zero Suit Samus and Samus from the Smash series of amiibo are compatible with Samus Returns.
- Special Edition release with a CD and a reversible title sheet as well as a copy of the game
The functionality of the amiibo have yet to be announced, and the Special Edition of Samus Returns is only available while supplies last. For more information on this year’s E3, stay tuned to Ninendo Prime.
Source: Nintendo Everything