Breath of the Wild‘s expansion pass will see it’s first DLC release on June 30th, with the second arriving during the holidays. We have a new trailer showing off this expansion pass below:
We also got some additional details:
Expand your adventure
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild game packs countless hours of play into a vast world of discovery. That makes it an ideal foundation for more adventures! If you own the full game, the Expansion Pass grants access to three new treasure chests, DLC Pack 1, “The Master Trials,” and DLC Pack 2, “The Champions’ Ballad,” as they are released.
DLC Pack 1 “The Master Trials” includes Trial of the Sword, Master Mode, Hero’s Path Mode, Travel Medallion, Korok Mask, and eight new pieces of armor, and it will be released on June 30. DLC Pack 2 “The Champions’ Ballad,” includes new challenges of a new dungeon and an original story, and will be released in Holiday 2017. More details of DLC Pack 2 will be announced later.
Features (DLC Pack 1):
- Extend your unforgettable adventures with this Expansion Pass – DLC Pack 1 and Pack 2 cannot be purchased individually.
- Trial of the Sword challenges the player to go through waves of enemies in a total of 45 rooms. By completing the challenge, Link will prove that he has grown worthy, and the Master Sword will be awakened to always be in its glowing, powered-up state while useable.
- Master Mode offers unique challenges to the player via stronger enemies and floating platforms. Enemies have gone up in difficulty by one rank. You might even meet higher ranking enemies you don’t see in normal mode!
- Hero’s Path Mode tracks every step you take, so you can watch the last 200 hours of your journey unfold on the map, and use a slider to scroll through a timeline. This is a helpful feature to see where in the world you have yet to explore.
- Travel Medallion will let you register the location you’re currently at as another fast travel point on the map.
- Korok Mask – If Link wears it, it will shake when a hidden Korok is nearby.
- Eight additional pieces of armor themed after previous Zelda game characters – Midna, Tingle and Phantom. Each piece is in a treasure chest located somewhere in Hyrule, which you must find.
- Four new Champion amiibo™ figures* will be coming later. More details will be announced at a later date.
- Save data for your game in Master Mode will be kept separately from youre regular mode save data.
The Expansion Pass will also be available for the Wii U version of the game.
Of course, we have a ton of screenshots for you as well below!