Here is the best selling software and hardware in Japan, for the week of December 5th – December 11th, courtesy Famitsu.
1) Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet (NS) – 277,676
2) Dragon Quest Treasures (NS) – 143,650
3) Splatoon 3 (NS) – 51,315
4) Witch on the Holy Night (NS) – 39,759
5) Witch on the Holy Night (PS4) – 26,585
6) Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (NS) – 21,583
7) Minecraft (NS) – 21,094
8) Nintendo Switch Sports (NS) – 17,187
9) Mario + Rabbids: Galaxy Battle (NS) – 13,466
10) Kirby and the Forgotten Land (NS) – 11,239
1) Nintendo Switch – 158,106
2) PlayStation 5 – 18,822
3) PlayStation 4 – 3,150
4) Xbox Series – 1,524
5) Nintendo 3DS – 64
In the land of software, Dragon Quest Treasures made a strong debut on the charts, with Witch on the Holy Night having a solid overall entry between its two SKU’s. Also notable was the massive jump that Kirby received and the fact that Mario + Rabbids had a very soft drop from last week. The game is approaching 45,000 total in Japan and stands a good chance over the next couple of months, to hit 100k.
On the hardware side of things, Nintendo Switch had an excellent week, though its sales of late almost guarantee that the console will not hit 5 million Japan for the year…and that’s ok! I always said that 4m and 4.5m were guarantees and that 5m was possible, so expect 4.8 million as the total for the year in Japan, which is fantastic for a platform in the territory, in its 6th year on the market. PlayStation 5 hit 1 million for 2022 and is actually ahead of its 2022 self, by about 80k.
See you next week!
Source: Paul Gale Network