Famitsu Sales: Hardware and Software for September 12th – September 18th, 2022
Here is the best selling software and hardware in Japan, for the week of September 12th through September 18th, courtesy Famitsu.
1) Splatoon 3 (NS) – 506,610
2) Dragon Quest X: Rise of the Five Tribes Offline (NS) – 143,836
3) Dragon Quest X: Rise of the Five Tribes Offline (PS4) – 48,100
4) Dragon Quest X: Rise of the Five Tribes Offline (PS5) – 28,371
5) Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (NS) – 9,661
6) Nintendo Switch Sports (NS) – 7,463
7) Trinity Trigger (NS) – 6,698
8) Minecraft (NS) – 6,629
9) Kirby and the Forgotten Land (NS) – 5,027
10) Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (NS) – 4,720
1) Nintendo Switch – 127,558
2) Xbox Series – 14,077
3) PlayStation 5 – 11,180
4) Nintendo 3DS – 29
5) PlayStation 4 – 12
Splatoon 3 cleared half a million in physical sales for the week, now totaling 2.44m. With digital sales included, Splatoon 3 in Japan alone is close to 4.5 million, which is an astonishing 10 day total. Dragon Quest X: Rise of the Five Tribes Offline had a solid debut of 220,307 copies across all three versions, with the NS build taking up 65.3% of the pie.
On the hardware end, Nintendo Switch sold the most units and has a year-to-date of 3.28 million. In comparison, at this same time in 2021, the console was at 3.81 million. The console is a little over 500,000 behind, but with several strong titles still to come, along with special edition OLED Models, Nintendo Switch does stand a chance at topping its numbers from last year.
Meanwhile…Xbox Series outsold the PlayStation 5 again. What was not too long ago a “once in a blue moon” type of situation, it has now become less surprising. See you next week!
Source: Famitsu via Paul Gale Network